Welcome to Alexandra District Health.
Alexandra District Health employs a team of approximately 105 staff who work across our acute services, primary health, support services, administration and maintenance departments.
We provide a range of inpatient (medical and surgical) and primary health services in Alexandra. Primary Health services are also provided at our campuses in Marysville and Eildon.
- Medical – supported by local General Practitioners and visiting specialists in cardiology, paediatrics, respiratory and nephrology.
- Surgical (general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, urology, ear, nose and throat, gastroenterology, endoscopy) – supported by visiting specialist surgeons and specialist anaesthetists.
- Urgent Care – qualified nursing staff supported by local General Practitioners.
- Diagnostic Services – radiology, ultrasound and pathology are provided on-site by private providers.
Primary Health Services:
- Allied health services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, speech therapy, counselling and access worker. Allied Health Assistants support these programs and services.
- District nurses based at Alexandra cover the eastern side of the Murrindindi Shire.
- Chronic disease management is delivered via a diabetes educator, pulmonary rehabilitation program, cardiac rehabilitation program, continence management and a variety of activity programs.
- Health promotion is encompassed into the roles of all staff and a wide range of health promotion activity.